Saturday, April 13, 2013

Entry 10- I Was Attacked

I was attacked a second time. But this time, it wasn't by one of those creatures. Honestly, I would have preferred one of those goddamn things attacking me. They're just animal instinct, or so I think. They're just attacking based off of a hunter/hunted mentality. But this was a human being. A human being who wanted me dead, who probably planned this in advance.

Someone out there. Wants to kill me. Already tried once.

Okay. Okay.

I was walking home from my job at the Olive Garden about a quarter mile away from the apartment complex. When I heard the noises from the floor my apartment's on. I took the steps two at a time. I didn't feel like taking my time in case something happened. I ran my hand along the deep claw-marks on the wall of the stairwell- it's become a kind of physical tic for me- and finally made it to the door. Slowly I pushed the door all the way open.

The door was completely clean. That was what grabbed my attention. I left a sheaf of papers on the desk. They were neatly stacked and on top of a filing cabinet.

Then I felt the hands around my throat.

And I remember the voice. The deep, accented voice. Thin, raspy, withered, male. I swear I recognized that voice. "Stey awe' frum mah pets." Then I felt a knife stab me right in the leg. I dropped to the floor, and I decided to make the first act before he tried making a killing blow. I bit him right on the ankle. He bent over in pain and dropped the knife. I lunged for it. He lunged for it. Thankfully, I was quicker, or I would be dead by now. By the time I stood up, knife wound still bleeding, the attacker was gone, and I heard his feet down the stairs.

...I'm at the hospital now. I needed to get 15 stitches. Whoever the attacker was, they did a nasty job cutting open the back of my knee.

I don't know who the attacker was. And I don't want to know who he was.

The tires are getting patched and repaired, slowly but surely, but it'll still be another day before I can even try getting my way out.

Oh well...

it's not like one day's gonna kill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment