Saturday, March 30, 2013

Entry 9- I Killed Something

I... I don't even know anymore. I saw... whatever it was, and I shot it... but... I can't find it anymore. It's like it was carried away by someone.

I was talking to Harry at the time. I was telling him about all the strange things that have been going down. I didn't tell him about the shrine, though. I don't even want to remember. But those four bony claws are still etched into my mind. He was telling me an anecdote about his time up in the mountains, and he met a bear. He thought he was going to die, but it was with great fortune that the bear found a bush of berries not three feet from him, and he was spared. I didn't get what me meant by it at the time.

Now I do.

Then I got a call today. It was someone with a really raspy voice that I didn't recognize. It told me, "Stay away from the Shrine." Then it attacked, bursting through my window.

I can't explain exactly what it looked like. It looked like a dog, but its joints were all oddly bent and its head was broken, twisting upside-down in a snarl. It attempted to lash out its tongue, and it licked me on the shin. I didn't know what it would do until I felt the burning sensation. It felt like acid was splashed on my leg. Still does. Then it tried clamping its jaws around my leg. I kicked it away from me and looked around for something to attack it with.

It lunged, and there were a couple times when it got really close. I began limping. The pain was unbearable. I accidentally bumped into my single bed, and rolled over it in pain.

I then heard the whimper and the crunch.

I guess that I bumped into the bed, causing it to tilt up far enough to land right on the dog's crouched upside-down head.

I went downstairs to try to explain it to someone. Anyone.

Then when I came back, it was gone. Silvery, mucus-like slime was still under the bed, but the dog was no longer there.

I don't know what happened. Honestly, I don't want to know. There's a third degree burn mark on my shin now from where its tongue lashed.

I'm going to call some auto shop to buy some tires. I'm sick of this place and I'm getting out ASAP.

1 comment: