Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Entry 8- The Far Right Path

Wyona came to me and asked if I needed a ride anywhere. I said I just wanted to take a walk on the nature paths in the Grendale Park. She accompanied me while we were hiking, just talking about things that came to our minds. It had a pattern- we'd come up with something funny or interesting, but the conversation would slide to the murder, then to her Uncle Reed, then the trail would be hiked in awkward silence for about five minutes. Then the cycle began again. It was pleasant, and the sweet smell of grass and oak really boosted my spirits, and so did just being around her.

We decided to take the far right path. Wyona never traveled that path before, and honestly, neither did I. It seemed so new, but looked so worn and ancient that I was sure it has either been tread a great deal or hasn't been treaded at all.

We walked along it, and it seemed generally nice. Then we came upon the shrine. That's all I can think of calling it. A shrine. Or perhaps a tomb. It was standing there, a polished ivory. I remember it so well, and I wish I didn't. I asked Wyona if she ever saw this before, but she didn't reply. I turned around, and she wasn't there. What was there, however, was the same path I just turned around from, leading to the same shrine. I turned back. The shrine. I decided to cut my way through the woods and forget the path. When I came back to a clearing, it was eight paths in all cardinal directions, all leading to the same shrine.

Then I saw the door to the shrine begin to open. Pallid, bony hands grasping at the door. Four of them, each about equidistant from each other, the lowest one hitting the bottom of the door. Then some kind of large spade-shaped... I don't know... it was some large, organic, thing, with an ivory end and a giant, cat-like eye in the center...

Then I saw the face. Eyeless, grinning a wide smile that chilled me to the bone. The thing about it was the face was upside down...

Just like the clearing. Just like the warnings.

I ran as fast as I could, and finally I made it back to... reality, I guess. Wyona told me that I wandered off, suddenly disappeared and she suddenly found herself in the familiar left path, even though there's nothing connecting them. I told her that there probably is some connecting path and we walked back in unbroken silence. I didn't want to tell her what happened with me. After the death of Dwayne, I don't think that it would have boosted any morale.

I'm fairly sure that what I saw, if it was anything, was this "Smiley" creature I've been hearing about. I don't know what to make of this, and those who are reading this must think I'm insane.

Well, I'm not sure if I am or not.

I guess we'll find out together...

No comments:

Post a Comment